NetBSD-Help archive

Re: 10 second delay in login

On Wednesday 20 February 2008 11:29:18 pm Phil Nelson wrote:
>    I have been experiencing a 10 second delay on using ssh (and rsh)
> to a host.   m2 is on a private network behind m1 and so I've enabled
> rsh.

Yes, I'm  answering my own question .... after I got an different answer from
a helpful person.

After playing around with nsswitch.conf, this delay goes away when I don't
do nis lookups.    So I'm blaming nis for this problem.

--Phil

--
Phil Nelson (phil at cs.wwu.edu) http://www.cs.wwu.edu/nelson
NetBSD: http://www.NetBSD.org  Coda: http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu