NetBSD-Help archive

Re: Strange Samba problem

Thanks Chuck,

That is indeed an interesting concern. Unfortunately (for the moment at least) we're stuck with the NFS -> SMB -> Win32_clients arrangement. It appears, however, that there is something else going on. I've got a couple of good leads. The directory it is choking on has over 17000 files in it, and some of them have names upwards of 100 chars, so I expect that it is some sort of a limit I'm running up against.

        If I find out anything useful, I'll post back to the list.

                -lars