Subject: Re: sun-jdk15 java plugin doesn't work in Firefox
To: Huub <huubvanniekerk@gmail.com>
From: Shigeki UNO <shigeki@mediawars.ne.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/28/2007 02:40:41
2007/2/25, Huub <huubvanniekerk@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Running NBSD 3.1/i386, after building the lang/sun-jdk15 port,
>I created a softlink to libjavaplugin_oji.so in /usr/pkg/lib/>firefox/plugins.
> However, about:plugins doesn't show it in Firefox, and a >testsite told me to download and install a java-plugin. Am I >doing something wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Huub

Firefox you have already installed is for native, and java(lang/sun-*)
is for linux. Therefore you need to install
firefox-linux(pkgsrc/www/firefox2-bin) to get java's plugin work.

Or There are 2 other ways left that are to install java for NetBSD or
to install "nspluginwrapper". You can read about them
on NetBSD mailing lists archives.

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2007/02/07/0008.html
http://gwenole.beauchesne.info/en/projects/nspluginwrapper

HTH,