Subject: Re: PCMCIA Interrupt Conflicts
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/23/2005 19:52:50
--TlDjLAx2PuPdVSSH

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:53:39PM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> On Mar 23, 12:37pm, zcrisler@gmail.com (Zach Crisler) wrote:
> | My apologies...I overlooked these lines:
> |=20
> |     cbb0: wait took 0.009323s
> |     pcmcia0: card appears to have bogus CIS
> |=20
> | What does this mean?  That is with the linksys card by the way, when
> | I insert my 3Com it timesout, but the kernel reports:
>=20
> The linksys appears to have bad CIS. Which is the cardbus information
> space. We have to parse this to find stuff like power, mac address,
> memory and i/o space, etc. If it is bad, then it will need a kludge in
> the parser to ignore the bad tuple and continue.

it seems like a symptom of the broken cbb power code which is in the
tree now.  see:

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2005/02/26/0005.html
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2005/02/26/0013.html
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2005/02/26/0012.html

my laptop is currently unusable without patching (i use kentaro's
patch).

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@{NetBSD,Xtrmntr,silcnet}.org>   --