Subject: Re: RICOH something cardbus adapter...
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Kentaro A. Kurahone <kurahone@sigusr1.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/26/2005 10:08:56
On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 10:39:49AM +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in my boss' medium-aged VAIO there is a RICOH something cardbus adapter.
> Apparently NetBSD doesn't manage to power up PCMCIA (wi) cards... if I
> configure the kernel to not recognize the cardbus but use the pcic at isa
> compatibility mode, it seems to use an interupt that doesn't work...
>
> Kernel is 2.99.15.
>
> Any idea on what to try fast?

I've just ran into this on my laptop as well.

There's two issues affecting this chipset right now.  One is
port-i386/29018, the other is that the Ricoh chipset doen't seem
to like some of the other power related changes.

Apply this patch to the kernel (sys/pci/pccbb.c), and recompile/
reinstall with the cardbus support enabled.

Diff: http://www.sigusr1.org/~kurahone/pccbb-netbsd-2.99.15.diff

--
Kentaro A. Kurahone
SIGUSR1 Research and Development