Subject: Re: maybe wrong list: problem with netbsd on a sparc
To: joerch <helix@mayn.de>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/29/2002 07:08:10
--AqsLC8rIMeq19msA

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 11:10:45PM +0000, joerch wrote:
>=20
> on the third day uptime i booted my workpc and tried to get my mails
> from the ss2 but i did not get a connect.  after that i connected to
> the console, serial cable (the machine is running with no keyboard or
> monitor), and what i saw was the ok prompt.  after booting again and
> checking some things everythings seems to be fine, but after 1 day i
> had the same problem again.
>
> any ideas ?
>=20
> is it a problem that appears on all sparc stations, maybe i had the
> same problem on my ss5, or is it not a problem but my fault ?

do you have the cable plugged-in all the time?  some machines tend to
send BREAK when they are powered on or off, so your SS2 might catch it
and drop into OBP.=20

check these messages for more details:=20

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc/2002/05/16/0000.html
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc/2002/08/19/0003.html

regards,

--=20