Subject: release to current.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Sporleder, Matthew \(CCI-Atlanta\) <Matthew.Sporleder@cox.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/14/2002 05:49:08
	Hello,
I'm running a Dell latitude c600 laptop and am having the same problems =
with the ex0 driver as a few others.  The problem has been addressed in =
"-current" and I was just wondering if there was a way I could update =
only the part of the source that I need to make the ex0 driver work.

According to =
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2001/08/20/0001.html , the =
fix is simply:
"Please make sure you have sys/dev/pci/if_ex_pci.c rev 1.18. Regards! "
The current version of that file is 1.2, but I can't just overwrite the =
existing release file (1.12) with 1.2 and recompile the kernel without =
running into errors. =20

I suppose my question is really: Can I patch if_ex_pci.c upto a more =
current version and still have it work with the rest of the 1.5.2 =
release, or do I have to work on compiling a -current release?

-Matthew Sporleder