Subject: Re: System time & date thinks its in California not NYC
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/19/2000 13:15:01
At 12:46 PM 7/19/00 -0400, Andrew Brown wrote:
> >P.S. If you dual boot this machine into both Windows and NetBSD, you'll
> >find the clock is off whenever you boot into "the other" OS. This is
> >because Windows sets the system clock to the local time, while NetBSD sets
> >it to GMT. I would recommend running NTP under NetBSD, and something like
> >d4time under Windows, so this will be corrected automatically at each boot.
>
>where's d4time?  certainly not in pkgsrc.  :)

Same place(s) as most Windows freeware/shareware - look somewhere like
http://www.winfiles.com

>and...freebsd (and solaris) have the capability of leaving the cmos
>clock in "local wall clock time".  now *obviously* i'd like to leave
>my cmos clock in utc, but windows won't do that.  is there any
>interest in a port of the freebsd clock fudge mechanism to netbsd?

I thought someone in this thread mentioned that was already in there. Oh
yeah - they redirected their reply to port-i386...

    http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2000/07/15/0002.html

It's called RTC_OFFSET.