Subject: can't configure raid on devices
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/21/2000 21:52:36
I attempted to configure a RAID device by following the manpage for raidctl..
Whenever I attempt to configure.. the kernel spits out something like the below:

The sd10 thing is just wierd.. I can get raidframe to attempt the disk again if
I dd /dev/zero over the first few KB of the disk.. Every disk spits out an
error similar to the below.

Am I just doing something horribly stupid?  These disks work great with ccd.

This is on an older copy of 1.4.2_ALPHA, on an alpha machine.. my raid.conf is
included below..

RAIDFRAME: protectedSectors is 64
Hosed component: /dev/sd10a
raid0: Ignoring /dev/sd10a
raid0: Component /dev/sd13a being configured at row: 0 col: 1
         Row: 0 Column: 0 Num Rows: 0 Num Columns: 0
         Version: 0 Serial Number: 0 Mod Counter: 0
         Clean: 0 Status: 0
Column out of alignment for: /dev/sd13a
Number of rows do not match for: /dev/sd13a
Number of columns do not match for: /dev/sd13a
/dev/sd13a is not clean!

START array
# numRow numCol numSpare
1 3 0

START disks
/dev/sd10a
/dev/sd13a
/dev/sd14a

START layout
# sectPerSU SUsPerParityUnit SUsPerReconUnit RAID_level_5
108 1 1 5

START queue
fifo 100

---