Possible incorrect observation in Chapter 32 of The NetBSD Guide

Hi again!
In Section 32.4 of The NetBSD Guide,

 <http://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-build.html#chap-boot-cross-build-kernel>

the following line is used for build.sh:

./build.sh -U -u -j2 -O ~/obj -m evbarm -a aarch64 kernel=MYKERNEL

Then, it is explicitly mentioned:

``Notice that update ("-u") was specified, the tools are already built,
there is no reason to rebuild all of the tools''.

With this sentence, it seems that the option `-u' prevents the above
line to build the tools, if they have already been built and they are
already present in the `~/obj' directory. I do not know build.sh so
well, but this seems to be not correct.

In fact, when running a build with the above line, it is explicitly
printed

===> Building kernel without building new tools

with or without `-u', and it fails if tools are not present (instead
of building them). So, I think this sentence should be reviewed,
according to the point the author wanted to highlight.

(Maybe, the sentence would be correct if this line was used instead:

./build.sh -U -u -j2 -O ~/obj -m evbarm -a aarch64 tools kernel=MYKERNEL

Then, build.sh maybe will check for tools and, because of `-u', if they
are present and up-to-date, they are not built again. I don't think,
however, this was what the author wanted to show.)

I opened a thread in @netbsd-users about this feature and other ones:

 <http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2021/05/03/msg026958.html>

Bye!

Rocky