NetBSD-Desktop archive

NetBSD desktop work

(This list has not been used for a while.)

A few weeks ago I started working on setting up a desktop based on ideas
from Lubuntu (and its use of LXDE).

I made a few wiki pages about it:

We have been using it for a couple weeks at home. It still needs lots of
work but is mostly usable.

Maybe the fastest way to try it is:

# for file monitoring for desktop icons
cd /usr/pkgsrc/devel/glib2
make PKG_OPTIONS.glib2=kqueue install # I used replace

# meta package
cd /usr/pkgsrc/wip/light-desktop
make DEPENDS_TARGET=bin-install  # fetch available packages, build rest

And for X run: start-netbsd-light-desktop

You can do this in Xnest or in Xephyr for testing (or replace your
~/.xinitrc or ~/.xsession).