NetBSD-Desktop archive

about netbsd desktop

Hello, NetBSD Developers !

First of all I would like to apologize for my bad english, it's not my primary language.
I am an IT student, an openSUSE user, and a big fan of NetBSD which I use, as a desktop os :-)
So congratulations for your effort, your os is rock solid, very stable and it feels like unix, but it lags real desktop support, i mean hardware drivers and the minimal software packages for the average user. I managed to install my NetBSD system as a desktop os, it was a little hard (I am mostly familiar with FreeBSD, so there were some minor changes).
A desktop oriented version of NetBSD would be very promissing, especially for the Windows, Mac, Linux average users. It vould be very nice to make something like PC-BSD from the FreeBSD side, but without thoose pbi's (sorry pc-bsd fans).
I would like to participate in your project if I would may, because NetBSD can make a difference. It is one of the best os's that I ever had, and belive me they were many ;-)
I could help with artwork, icon design, desktop styling and packaging.
So guys, keep up the good work,
"may the force be with you"

Best regards,
DataSmith