NetBSD-Bugs archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: bin/60850: Make could do with a syntax for immediate var expansion



The following reply was made to PR bin/60850; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Rob Whitlock <rwhitlock22%gmail.com@localhost>
To: gnats-bugs%netbsd.org@localhost
Cc: gnats-admin%netbsd.org@localhost,
 netbsd-bugs%netbsd.org@localhost,
 "kre%munnari.oz.au@localhost" <kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost>
Subject: Re: bin/60850: Make could do with a syntax for immediate var
 expansion
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2026 12:59:08 -0400

 > On Oct 5, 2026, at 11:30 PM, Robert Elz via gnats =
 <gnats-admin%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
 >=20
 > The following reply was made to PR bin/60850; it has been noted by =
 GNATS.
 >=20
 > From: Robert Elz <kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost>
 > To: gnats-bugs%netbsd.org@localhost
 > Cc:=20
 > Subject: Re: bin/60850: Make could do with a syntax for immediate var =
 expansion
 > Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2026 10:28:32 +0700
 >=20
 > So far, I have at least seen no opposition to the general idea of
 > adding such a mechanism however.   That's good.
 >=20
 > kre
 
 I would want to know whether my earlier example satisfies your need.
 If it provides the needed functionality then I don't see how a new
 variable modifier is needed.=
 



Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index