NetBSD-Bugs archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: bin/60850: Make could do with a syntax for immediate var expansion



The following reply was made to PR bin/60850; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Robert Elz <kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost>
To: gnats-bugs%netbsd.org@localhost
Cc: 
Subject: Re: bin/60850: Make could do with a syntax for immediate var expansion
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2026 15:46:59 +0700

     Date:        Tue,  6 Oct 2026 07:40:01 +0000 (UTC)
     From:        "RVP via gnats" <gnats-admin%NetBSD.org@localhost>
     Message-ID:  <20261006074001.ECE811A923C%mollari.NetBSD.org@localhost>
 
   |  CPPFLAGS =	-I/usr/include
   |  .if ${.PARSEDIR:_}
   |  CPPFLAGS +=	-I$_
   |  .endif
   |  CPPFLAGS +=	-I/usr/local/include
 
 That works, once, but if you do it again, $_ will be changedm
 and all of the -I$_ will expand to the same thing when CPPFLAGS
 is eventually expanded.
 
 It is also still cumbersome to use (3 lines where just 1 should be
 needed).
 
   |  I'd better stop before kre@ tells me to behave... :)
 
 No problem with that, these various ways that almost work, but
 don't really, are just more reasons to add something easy to
 use which does work.
 
 But I will tell you to send in the developer paperwork, so you could
 work out a suitable real solution and implement & commit it yourself!
 
 kre
 



Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index