[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
re: xsrc/41881 (selection cut in xterm)
i started playing with this one a little bit.
some surprising data points:
- using an xterm built via pkgsrc (over ssh forward)
results in an xterm that can send or receive a large
xterm selection buffer.
- using an xsrc xterm with a pkgsrc xterm shows that
xsrc xterm can receive large buffers but it can not
send them to another xterm.
- using xcb(1) to inspect the cut buffer values, see
that xsrc xterm puts the full selection into the
cut buffer #0, ie "xcb -p 0 | wc" can give results
greater than 1024, even if an otherwise broken xterm
made the initial selection.
- using xcb(1) in graphical mode, you can paste large
buffers from a broken xterm into any xterm. with xcb
running, select the buffer in xsrc xterm, click on the
relevant buffer in the xcb window, and then attempt to
paste into another xterm or application. this works.
this has two interesting facts:
- there's a reasonably simple workaround (phew)
- the problem is xterm sending to an application that
is not the x server itself.
hopefully someone with more knowledge about how all these
things fit together can help find the real problem.
Main Index |
Thread Index |