[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
NetBSD 7.1 released
The NetBSD Project is pleased to announce NetBSD 7.1, the first feature
update of the NetBSD 7 release branch. It represents a selected subset
of fixes deemed important for security or stability reasons, as well as
new features and enhancements.
Some highlights of NetBSD 7.1 are:
- Support for Raspberry Pi Zero.
- Initial DRM/KMS support for NVIDIA graphics cards via nouveau
(Disabled by default. Uncomment nouveau and nouveaufb in your kernel
config to test).
- The addition of vioscsi, a driver for the Google Compute Engine disk.
- Linux compatibility improvements, allowing, e.g., the use of Adobe
Flash Player 24.
+ C2000 KX and 2.5G support.
+ Wake On Lan support.
+ 82575 and newer SERDES based systems now work.
- ODROID-C1 Ethernet now works.
- Numerous bug fixes and stability improvements.
For more details, please see the release notes at:
Complete source and binaries for NetBSD are available for download at
many sites around the world. A list of download sites providing FTP,
AnonCVS, SUP, and other services may be found at:
Main Index |
Thread Index |