[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
On behalf of the NetBSD release engineering team, it is my distinct
pleasure to announce that the third release candidate of NetBSD 7.0 is
now available for download. As the old Schoolhouse Rock song tells us,
three is a magic number. We're hoping that RC3 will be the magic (last)
release candidate of 7.0.
Some of the changes since 7.0_RC2 are:
- Add a resize_root boot operation (disabled by default). If
resize_root=YES in rc.conf then the system attempts to resize the root
file system to fill its partition prior to mounting read-write.
- Enable SMP on Raspberry Pi 2
- evbarm: Rename beagleboard.img to armv7.img. The new image includes
the same kernels as beagleboard.img plus support for Raspberry Pi 2,
ODROID-C1, Cubieboard2, Cubietruck, Hummingbird A31, and Banana Pi.
- evbarm: For armv7.img and rpi.img, enable support for auto-growing the
SD card root filesystem.
- Various DRMKMS stability improvements.
- Avoid kernel panic on starting X on Intel 855GM machines.
- Fix an uninitalized lock panic when trying to start a Xen kernel with
LOCKDEBUG and more than one vcpu.
- Fix an issue where x86 microcode updates could fail if memory was not
16 byte aligned.
- Fix an IPFilter panic.
- macppc: Fix ofwboot failure on PowerPC 603 machines.
- OpenSSH: Apply fix for CVE-2015-5600.
- Fix an issue where fsck_ffs didn't properly handle replaying a WAPBL
journal on disks with non-DEV_BSIZE sectors.
- Fix error in the setlist scripts that resulted in /bin/[ being missing
from the base set. PR bin/50109.
- Make libperfuse handle resource limits properly.
- Make uplcom(4) suspend/resume.
- Fix case where coretemp(4) didn't attach on some newer CPUs.
- Avoid hanging on some machines after attaching ehci(4).
- Fix crash on oboe(4) attach. PR port-i386/50076.
- mountd(8): Write the correct pid is written to pidfile. PR bin/50125.
- patch(1): Guard against malicious filenames and substitution commands.
- patch(1): Drop SCCS support.
- ypserv(8): When transferring a secure map to a slave server, don't
lose the secure flag. PR bin/50057.
+ Make get_dev_size work on regular files too.
+ Add -c to check to see if grow/shrink is required.
+ Divide by DEV_BSIZE when returning size of file.
+ Handle case in grow() where last cylinder group is too small for
+ Add a -p flag, which displays a progress bar.
- disklabel(8): Fix a bug that resulted in sun2 liveimages being
- Update libXi to 1.7.4.
- Update BIND to 9.10.2-P3.
The full list of changes can be found near the bottom of
Binaries of NetBSD 7.0_RC3 are available for download at:
Those who prefer to build from source can either use the netbsd-7-0-RC3
tag or follow the netbsd-7 branch.
As always, please let us know how 7.0_RC3 works for you! Any feedback,
whether good or bad, is welcome. Problems should be reported through
the usual channels (submit a PR or write to the appropriate list). More
general feedback is welcome at releng%NetBSD.org@localhost.
Main Index |
Thread Index |