[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
NetBSD 5.0_RC3 binaries available for download
Today, on the 16th birthday of NetBSD, I have the pleasure of announcing
the availability of NetBSD 5.0_RC3.
Below are some highlighted changes since RC2:
- Considerable improvements to WAPBL.
- Further X.Org refinements, including switching sgimips to X.Org.
- Scheduler Activations support is now disabled by default in sysctl.conf.
- ddb.onpanic is now set to 1 in the kernel by default, but 0 in
sysctl.conf. This avoids trying to dump if a crash occurs during the
- puffs is now enabled by default on amd64, i386, macppc, and sparc64.
- SSP kernels should work again.
- A handful of assorted stability improvements.
As always, see src/doc/CHANGES-5.0 for full details.
Binaries of 5.0_RC3 are available for download at
Those of you tracking by source can either continue following the netbsd-5
branch or use the netbsd-5-0-RC3 tag.
Thanks for all the help and feedback so far. Please keep it up!
Main Index |
Thread Index |