NetBSD-Advocacy archive

seeking NetBSD branded icons and artwork

Do we have any branded NetBSD icons called gnome-main-menu.svg,
novell-button.svg, start-here.svg, and distributor-logo.svg?

Anyone interested in providing these?

See the gnome-icon-theme, oxygen-icons, or tango-icon-theme (or upcoming
elementary-icon-theme) packages for examples.

(Well I don't know what a user of "novell-button" is so maybe we don't
need to provide icon for it, but I mention it since the others do
provide custom icon for it.)

The sizes are:
22x22
24x24
48x48
64x64
128x128

But these would be fine also:
16x16
32x32
256x256
scalable

These svg (and png) files could be put into a package called
netbsd-icon-theme.

I am also looking for NetBSD wallpaper and other artwork like:

        352x125 logout-banner.png

        1280x1024 netbsd-default-wallpaper.png

        64x26 (64 width includes 20+ pixels of transparency on right)
                or 36x36 netbsd-logo.png for panel menu button

Well for the bottom one I did find that the gnome-desktop package
provides 48x48:

share/pixmaps/netbsd-logo-icon-transparent.png
share/pixmaps/netbsd-logo-icon.png

Maybe these should be split from that package and put into a new package
called netbsd-artwork.

The official logo and contributed artwork is at
http://www.netbsd.org/gallery/logos.html