NetBSD-Advocacy archive

Re: The NetBSD way video

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 12:42 AM, Matthew Mondor
<> wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Mar 2012 21:38:42 +0100
> César Gil <> wrote:
>> Maybe a link to the page would suffice but, how about asking for
>> permission to the owner/s of the video and hosting a copy of it in
>> one or several open formats? It looks to me like a very interesting
>> resource to educate newcomers about the project.
> That was nice to watch/listen to.  The format of the video I could
> download using clive was already in ogg theora/vorbis, but the video
> site unfortunately made it hard to watch without flash, indeed.
> Since the URL to the actual media file seems to be static, I guess that
> linking directly to
> would also be fine, perhaps?
> --
> Matt

Very good. However a couple of questions come to mind:

- Do we have permission from the author? Is the video under a CC license or
- Would it be possible to host, if only, a low resolution copy of the video on or associated mirror? This would be so as not to depend on an
  external hosting site.