NetBSD-Advocacy archive

Re: NetBSD at Southern California Linux Expo 7x...

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 12:10:32PM -0500, David Maxwell wrote:
> Likewise, 'NetBSD' didn't fail to represent at DCBSDCon, but individuals
> didn't come forward to do so.

Well, one of the folks from DCBSDCon did contact me to see if I'd
be interested in speaking.  I didn't have anything prepared at the
time, the time to put something together (I was approached at the
submission deadline, so there wasn't much time), or the vacation
time to go to the conference (but I might have been able to shuffle
some other stuff to make the time).

> Historically, NetBSD participation in shows (from the ones I've seen)
> has largely been dependent on getting free booth space from the event
> organizers, and having local volunteers who could spare the time to
> participate and equipment to put on the desk.

I think the second is probably the most important part.

I know I'd be more likely to find the time go to a conference if
I were local, but I'm not really local to anything.  I'd be more
likely to present at a conference if I had something to present,
but I haven't really thought much about what I could put together
to present.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs  |  http://www.ninthwonder.com/~briggs/  |