Subject: Re: Supported Hardware Database for NetBSD. Contribute!
To: Steve Woodford <swoodfor@bluews.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/03/2000 10:08:30
On 03-Feb-00 Steve Woodford wrote:
> How's about adding an option for supported motherboards? Sure, it's
> probably i386-specific but there are any number of MBs out there with
> compatibility issues...

Actually.. what I and a few other contributers have been doing, is adding the
on-board devices from a motherboard to the database. Motherboards as an entity
don't really probe out..  But if you look at how I've added the bridge, the isa
controller, etc etc from one of my VIA Mb's, it would give you pretty much the
same effect, with a little more granularity.

If people disagree with my above statement.. let me know.. I can consider it.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>