Subject: Re: Supported Hardware Database for NetBSD. Contribute!
To: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/01/2000 12:42:31
On 01-Feb-00 Brook Milligan wrote:
> - Would it be useful to have some sort of guidelines for what the 1-10
>   rating scale means?  Just so there is some sort of comparability
>   among entries.

I'm not sure.. any rating is going to be subject to opinion.  It's basically
just a rough "how well did this thing work for you?"

> - I notice you have approximate prices.  Would it be useful to have a
>   table of potential vendors people have found reliable, reasonable,
>   etc.?  Not necessarily linked directly to the products (I don't

I'd rather not.  That has the potential to turn into a pricewatch-type
database.. and I'd raher not go there.  All that field is meant to do is
distinguish between a $100 ethernet card, and a $1000 ethernet card.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>