ATF-devel archive

Re: Refer to top_srcdir/top_builddir from a built test

Hi,

On 06/12/2012 12:16 PM, Emmanuel Fleury wrote:

Still on my way to build tests with ATF/Kyua for my project, I wonder if
there is a way to refer to $(top_srcdir)/$(top_builddir) from the inside
of a test.

Since last week, I had some thinking about that. And, it appeared that my way of doing was wrong. In fact, the inside of a built binary should never refer to the sources. It is, even, quite dangerous if it can do so.

Thus, I manage in some other way (I copied the necessary files in the builddir through the Makefile).

So, you can safely ignore this feature request ! (I even though it might be dangerous to let the user be able to do it).

I hope that you didn't spend too much time on that !

Regards
--
Emmanuel Fleury

I liked things better when I didn't understand them.
  -- Calvin & Hobbes (Bill Waterson)