[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
ANNOUNCE: atf-0.15 released
The release 0.15 of ATF is now available for public consumption!
This new release comes with a few performance improvements, some bug
fixes, new M4 macros for easier integration of ATF into other projects
and new features in atf-run. Remember that atf-run and atf-report are
maintenance mode in favor of Kyua.
The changes in this release are as follows:
* Respect stdin in atf-check. The previous release silenced stdin for
any processes spawned by atf, not only test programs, which caused
breakage in tests that pipe data through atf-check.
* Performance improvements to atf-sh.
* Enabled detection of unused parameters and variables in the code and
fixed all warnings.
* Changed the behavior of "developer mode". Compiler warnings are now
enabled unconditionally regardless of whether we are in developer mode
or not; developer mode is now only used to perform strict warning
checks and to enable assertions. Additionally, developer mode is now
only automatically enabled when building from the repository, not for
* Added new Autoconf M4 macros (ATF_ARG_WITH, ATF_CHECK_C and
ATF_CHECK_CXX) to provide a consistent way of defining a --with-arg
flag in configure scripts and detecting the presence of any of the ATF
bindings. Note that ATF_CHECK_SH was already introduced in 0.14, but
it has now been modified to also honor --with-atf if instantiated.
* Added timing support to atf-run / atf-report.
* Added support for a 'require.memory' property, to specify the minimum
amount of physical memory needed by the test case to yield valid
* PR bin/45690: Force an ISO-8859-1 encoding in the XML files generated
by atf-report so that invalid data in the output of test cases does
not mangle our report.
Please visit the release page for links to the download:
Main Index |
Thread Index |