ATF-devel archive

Re: Conditional tests based on ${MACHINE} and ${MACHINE_ARCH}

On Sat, 1 Jan 2011, Antti Kantee wrote:

On Sat Jan 01 2011 at 06:30:07 -0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
There are some tests which don't apply to every architecture, i.e., the
tests in lib/libc/ieeefp/ and lib/libc/gen/ldexp (which probably should
be moved to ieeefp).  The old "regress" structure dealt with these by
simply not building the tests; since no tests were installed in the old
structrue, there was no need to be concerned with the sets-lists.

However, moving these tests to atf means that things do get installed,
and we now have to deal with conditionalizing the sets lists if the
tests themselves are conditionally built.  A test that gets built "for
everything except vax" would need to get added to 18 out of 19 files [1]
in distrib/sets/lists/tests/md.*  (I currently have added libc/gen/ldexp
which is probably breaking the build for vax people.)

Havard suggest an alternative - have the test (or framework) be able to
make these checks at run-time.  Maybe something could be added to the
Atffile ?  Or at the very least, atf could create config_variables that
the tests could check?

There's atf_arch and atf_machine (and these are the opposite of MACHINE
and MACHINE_ARCH for some gnuy reason).  Do the aieeefp tests compile
on vax or do you need some intra-tp ifdef games instead?

Ah, ok. So atf_arch contains ${MACHINE} and atf_machine contains ${MACHINE_ARCH} ? Kewl.

I don't know if they compile on vax. I will update ldexp to check config variable, and then post a note on current users (and port-vax) asking for someone to check.

I agree that having to wrestle with md test setlists is a hopeless battle
and should be avoided.  (if only setlists could be avoided completely ;)

Yes, that would be wonderful.

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |