ATF-devel archive

Conditional tests based on ${MACHINE} and ${MACHINE_ARCH}

There are some tests which don't apply to every architecture, i.e., the tests in lib/libc/ieeefp/ and lib/libc/gen/ldexp (which probably should be moved to ieeefp). The old "regress" structure dealt with these by simply not building the tests; since no tests were installed in the old structrue, there was no need to be concerned with the sets-lists.

However, moving these tests to atf means that things do get installed, and we now have to deal with conditionalizing the sets lists if the tests themselves are conditionally built. A test that gets built "for everything except vax" would need to get added to 18 out of 19 files [1] in distrib/sets/lists/tests/md.* (I currently have added libc/gen/ldexp which is probably breaking the build for vax people.)

Havard suggest an alternative - have the test (or framework) be able to make these checks at run-time. Maybe something could be added to the Atffile ? Or at the very least, atf could create config_variables that the tests could check?

Comments?

[1] Our ${MACHINE_ARCH} list includes: arm, armeb, hppa, m68000, m68k, mipsel, mipseb, mips64el, mips64eb, powerpc, powerpc64, sh3el, sh3eb, x86_64, alpha, i386, sparc, sparc64, and vax

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |