ATF-devel archive

Re: ATF HEAD build failure with BSD make

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 9:11 PM, Nicolas Joly <njoly%pasteur.fr@localhost>
wrote:

> Hi,

Hello Nicolas,

> With recent ATF HEAD sources, i cannot do a full build anymore, using
> BSD make. It stops during AUTHORS/COPYING/etc... files generation.
>
> make: don't know how to make AUTHORS. Stop

I fixed this earlier today in revision
d099171ee31d90bd54837d8a813b1412fd6ac240.  Please let me know if it
works for you.

Removing $(srcdir) altogether is not correct as that changes the
intended behaviour of these rules.  See below.

> NB: This is also very unfriendly for cases where builddir != srcdir
> (and srcdir is on a read-only filesystem).

True, and yes it is ugly.  But this should only matter if you build
from a checkout of the repository.  distfiles include a pregenerated
copy of all documentation (hence why I have to put the files in
srcdir), so a read-only srcdir is fine for formal releases.  I think
it's a reasonable compromise.

--
Julio Merino