ATF-devel archive

Re: atf::not_found_error<atf::fs::path> exception

2010/5/2 Julio Merino <jmmv%netbsd.org@localhost>:
> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 12:29 AM, Stathis Kamperis
> <ekamperi%gmail.com@localhost>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi people :)
>
> Hello again!
>>
>> I get this:
>>
>> % make run
>> atf-run | atf-report
>> terminate called after throwing an instance of
>> 'atf::not_found_error<atf::fs::path>'
>> terminate called recursively
>> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'atf::parser::parse_error'
>> terminate called recursively
>> [1]   Abort trap (core dumped) atf-run | atf-report
>> *** Error code 134 (continuing)
>>
>> Stop.
>> make: stopped in /home/stathis/atf-soc2010.1
>>

>> I guess this is because some test executable couldn't be found.
>
> Hmm, that doesn't seem to be the case.  A quick local test shows that this
> case is (err, should be) handled properly.
> Can you share the core dump?  If you do, please provide details about your
> platform (machine type, os version), etc.
> Can you share your current test suite code?

Actually just a reference in a non-existent test program is enough to
make it die:
% ls
Atffile
dead-to-the-world% cat Atffile

prop: test-suite = general

tp: nonexist

% atf-run
'atf::not_found_error<atf::fs::path>'
terminate called recursively
zsh: abort (core dumped)  atf-run
% uname -a
NetBSD dead-to-the-world.duskware.de 5.99.27 NetBSD 5.99.27 (DEAD)
#29: Wed Apr 28 10:12:36 CEST 2010
martin%night-porter.duskware.de@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/vax/compile/DEAD vax
%

Core file is here (I don't think there's any useful debug symbols
there, but feel free to inspect):
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~beket/atf-run.core

>> If
>> yes, is there a way to direct ATF just log the failure, skip the
>> missing test program and continue with the rest?
>
> If you want to "skip missing programs", use tp-glob instead of tp into
> Atffiles so that you do not have to list names explicitly.  This way, only
> the ones found in the file system will be run.

Neat :)

>> I may have asked this
>> or similar question to Julio in private email, but I forgot.
>
> Not that I remember.  Asking in the list is better for that reason:
> searchable public archives!  ;-)

Definitely!

Thanks,
Stathis