ATF-devel archive

Re: Building ATF on OpenBSD box

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Sven Dehmlow <sven%kaffeechaoten.de@localhost>
wrote:
> Hey Julio,
>
> Short: Works :)

Neat :-)

> Long story:
>
> I figured out how to build ATF in OpenBSD 4.6:
>
> - Install the g++ 4.2 and gcc 4.2 packages (OpenBSD ships with gcc/g++
> 3.3.5 but has packages for newer versions.)
>
> - Set the CC and CXX environment variables to use gcc 4.2 and g++ 4.2
> respectively.
>
> - solve the "const const" thingy
>
> - Tell the compiler to be not such a pedant:
>
> configure --disable-developer ...
> make
> make install
>
> LD (linker) still complains a lot about using unsecure (error-prone)
> string functions and stuff, but: Builds :)

Cool!  Could you do one thing for me please?

1) Edit Makefile.in and remove any instances of -Werror you can find.
2) Run configure *without* --disable-developer.
3) make clean
4) make 2>&1 | tee build.log

And paste the build.log.  I'm curious to see what the compiler and
linker warnings are.

--
Julio Merino