Re: x86/genfb_machdep.c multiplies width with stride

On 2013-07-27 01:25, Erik Fair wrote:

On Jul 25, 2013, at 07:37, Michael Lorenz <macallan%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

Easy mistake to make and hard to catch since it rarely ever causes trouble (unless
you're running some weird video mode where width < height)

I believe that's called "portrait mode" and these days it's not so much "weird" as
just uncommon … except in tablets where people are flipping screens around from portrait to
landscape and back to portrait again with pretty wild abandon. Probably a good idea for NetBSD to support
that mode of video operation.

Just FYI, at my work, it's not even uncommon. About half the people are sitting at work stations using 24" monitors sitting in portrait mode.

        Johnny