Re: Red Pitaya 122-16: kernel reaches init!

On Wed, May 01, 2024 at 05:52:29AM -0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> dyoung%pobox.com@localhost (David Young) writes:
>
> >The ethernet MAC isn't correct.  On the Red Pitaya boards, board
> >parameters like the ethernet MAC are stored in an EEPROM.  I think
> >u-boot can fetch the information from the EEPROM and provide it in the
> >bootargs.  Shouldn't take long to figure that out.
>
> The Zynq driver attachment currently takes the mac address from
> the dtb key 'local-mac-address'.

Thanks, that got me over the hump.  I got u-boot to add that key to the
device tree with this u-boot script,

        i2c dev 0
        eeprom read 0 0x50 0 0x1804 0x400
        env import -b 0 0x400 hw_rev serial ethaddr
        setenv bootargs "root=ld0a"
        fatload mmc 0 0x01f00000 device~1.dtb
        fatload mmc 0 0x02000000 netbsd.ub
        fdt addr 0x01f00000
        fdt set /axi/ethernet@e000b000 local-mac-address $ethaddr
        bootm 0x02000000 - 0x01f00000

I used `nbmkubootimage -A arm -a 0 -C none -n "u-boot script" -T script
my-script $msdos_boot_partition/u-boot.scr` to write it in the format
and location that u-boot expected.  Now cemac0 has the right MAC
address.

I will commit my .dts and such in coming days.

David

--
David Young
dyoung%pobox.com@localhost    Urbana, IL    (217) 721-9981