Re: ACA630 + NetBSD = success

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 01:45:41PM +0100, Frank Wille wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 10:10:49 +0100
> Rados?aw Kujawa <radoslaw.kujawa%c0ff33.net@localhost> wrote:
>
> > Just a quick report: The new ACA630 turbo board for Amiga 600, made
> > by Individual Computers is fully compatible with NetBSD. This card
> > features 68030 25MHz and 32MB of Fast RAM, which is more than enough
> > to run basic installation.
>
> Nice. I expected nothing else. :)
>
> Similarly interesting is that the FPU emulation works. I have never seen
> that before, although I knew it exists.

Ha! I have in my now semi-functional A3000 a switch so that I can change
the mc68882 chipselect from chipselect to bus error (which signals to the
68030 that no FPU is installed, thus creating the F-line trap.

> I doubt that NetBSD ran on many A600s before.

But it did, once, *nearly* run on an A500. Unfortunately, the A590
...  oh wait. If we had an A590, we didn't have the A530, or does
the A530 have a SCSI on-board? Anyway, we had problems with the
SCSI, probably because the wd33c93 on the board was even older than
the one in the A3000 and had its own set of ... wierd interpretation
of the programming manual[1], so our driver back then would hang
sometimes.

        -is

[1] It would be impolite to call them bugs... I think mlelstv
mentioned, let's say, unexpected combinations of interupt *class*
and detailed reason code, while the reason code would still be
correct - is that right?