Re: where does pkg_admin come from?

Hi,

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
I cannot update/replpace packages because make_replace complains with
pkg_admin error, but maybe I can find the beginning of this vicious loop.
Do you also have /usr/sbin/pkg_* ?

Your/usr/pkg/  versions are from the pkg_install package. Maybe just
remove that package, maybe with:

  /usr/sbin/pkg_delete pkg_install

yes! the missing part is there -ff (double f!) because it is marked not for deletion.

Now I started replacing, I'm back in business. I will run pkg_rolling-replace to see if the machine is stable. Major kernel upgrarde! I had issues with 9.3 on other systems, this is why I delayed the upgrade of this one. 8.2 was rock solid on the SS10.

Riccardo