where does pkg_admin come from?

Hi!

I upgraded from 8.2 to 9.4
To conserve space, I had to clean up obsolete libraries in /lib, by sparcstation is old and has a small disk)

whenI try to upgrade packages, i get this error:

 /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_admin: Shared object "libssl.so.12" not found

we are now at /usr/lib/libssl.so.14.0

where does pkg_admin come from? a set that did not install or is outdated or some of the pkg ? I cannot update/replpace packages because make_replace complains with pkg_admin error, but maybe I can find the beginning of this vicious loop.

Riccardo