Re: rust - volunteers sought...

It's unfortunate that the rust compiler has so many problems.

I wonder if we are arriving at having versioned rust packages, so that

  - you can add the new one when it works for amd64

  - we can have basically a switch statement based on os/version/cpu

  - we need to agree on rules about how old rust needs to be usable when
    updating things that use rust (if rust were as stable as it claimed
    this would be less of an issue and it might be better than it used
    to be)

This would let us decouple fixing everything from updates, and it seems
like it might generally reduce the stress level.