Re: Adding SIL Open Font License "liberation fonts"

On Sat, Nov 07, 2020 at 08:53:29AM +0000, coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> These fonts are based on "croscore fonts". They're licensed under the
> SIL OFL v1.1: https://opensource.org/licenses/OFL-1.1
>
> The restriction on font names is a common restriction for fonts.
> It is otherwise a copyleft-ish license. If you modify it, you must
> change the name and use the same license.
>
> I'd like to discuss this mostly because it is a new license.

There are older versions under the apache-2 license (because these
fonts were included with android, basically). I'm not sure what
the differences are. I'm also not certain apache2 is better or worse
than OFL, it has more of a "too many words" problem and more conditions.
OFL is fairly understandable and simple, honestly.

> The diff for adding them: http://coypu.sdf.org/liberation.diff

AFAIK share/doc is a more common convention than share/docs
(or at least, that's what pkgsrc commonly uses).