Re: s/vera/dejavu/ font

On Fri, Nov 06, 2020 at 08:25:32AM -0600, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 06, 2020 at 01:42:18PM +0000, coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
> > hi all,
> >
> > any objections for swapping the vera fonts to the dejavu fonts, which
> > use them as a basis and add support for several languages?
> >
> > as far as I can tell, nothing in base uses xlfd to search for vera,
> > and fontconfig considers them equivalent.
>
> Is the license identical?  I have a vague recollection it might not be.

The license of dejavu is:

Original licenses + modifications in public domain

Original licenses are:
- vera
- arev
- tex gyre
all under the same license, from a quick skim

- AMSFonts, which is under a somewhat loosely worded license that allows
  ~everything, which asks *not* to use the copyright notice on any
  modified font.