re: Backporting?

> > I think it will be easier to switch to 9.0, unless you also want to
> > backport everything under src/sys/external/bsd/drm2.
>
> Ugh.
>
> I'll test 9.x and see if its X understands the hardware any better; if
> so, I'll have a look at redoing the kernel bits for 9.x.

this is clearly the easiest option but if 9.x doesn't
work, then try 8.x with this:

   http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2018/09/13/msg099106.html

this was my work to backport the 7th gen intel gpu
work into our drm, which had 6th gen before.

i don't recall there being any additional fixes i
needed, though there was a older problem i fixed
that was pulled up to -8 in april 2019.

.mrg.