Missing file for the Kaveri

Hi list,

My laptop has a Radeon Kaveri graphics chip (Radeon R6), and it's been failing to boot -current for a while now with the following message:

kern error: cik_cp: Failed to load firmware "radeon/kaveri_mec2.bin"
kern error: ldrm:(/usr/src/sys/external/bsd/drm2/dist/drm/radeon/radeon_cik.c:8926)c] *ERROR* Failed to load firmware!

(This is a very recent current compiled with Mesa 18 support, but it's been a problem for a while now)

So far, I've been running modular-xorg with the wsfb driver (haven't been able to get that working for native xorg), which works tolerably well, but it would be nice to have the Radeon working properly. Is that going to be an option in the near future (or should it already be working, and am I doing something wrong) or would that involve lots of work?

best,

  Jaap