Re: drawing to a 1bpp aux display

> I have a graphical application [...].  [...second, small, display...]

> What would people familiar with X11 or graphics developement
> recomment ?

Well, this is tech-x11, so for the moment I'm going to assume you want
to use X somehow to do this.

I can't see anything difficult about this, unless some of the libraries
you mention don't get along with using multiple displays from a single
program (I'm not familiar with them, so I don't know - certainly Xlib
has few-to-no issues with such a design).  The X point of view would
make that either two displays (managed by two conceptual servers, which
may or may not be two separate processes) or two screens of a single
display.  I have seen some indications that recent X implementations
have thrown away much of the generality the design has always had (like
managing multiple display heads as multiple X screens of a single X
display), so you may find you have to use two server processes if you
want to go with recent X servers.

If you want to avoid X, this probably is not the right place to ask,
but I also don't see any reason you couldn't speak to it directly
(depending of course on what the interface to it looks like).  But,
again, I may be exposing my ignorance of the libraries you're using.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign