Re: Xorg built with clang dumps core, with gcc not

On Sun, 1 Feb 2015 11:00:01 +0100
Thomas Klausner <tk%giga.or.at@localhost> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm seeing strange behaviour. I've updated to 7.99.4 from yesterday
> and tried a build with clang as default compiler, i.e. "-V MKLLVM=yes
> -V HAVE_LLVM=yes -V MKGCC=no" in my build.sh command line.
>
> When I installed that kernel and userland, starting X just gave me a
> black screen and I couldn't switch back to console; i.e. X probably
> just died.

[...]

> Does anyone have an idea?
>  Thomas

These patches fixed the problem for me:

cvs rdiff -u -r0 -r1.1 \
    pkgsrc/x11/modular-xorg-server/patches/patch-hw_xfree86_dri2_dri2.c \
    pkgsrc/x11/xf86-video-ati/patches/patch-src_radeon__dri2.c \
    pkgsrc/x11/xf86-video-ati/patches/patch-src_radeon__kms.c

Please test and apply in xsrc if appropriate.
Warnings about uninitialized variables from clang seem to always indicate
an actual problem that will lead to undefined behaviour. I bet there are
more bugs waiting to be found if one inspects build logs.

Cheers,
-Tobias