Re: amd64 DRMKMS Intel regression

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 01:13:13PM +0100, Piotr Meyer wrote:
> After success reported in [1] I have had some troubles with disks and
> returned yesterday to tests. Unfortunately, fresh installation of
> NetBSD 7_BETA (dist kernel DRMKMS.201501091650Z) gave me only black
> screen after 'startx' command. I was able to return to console and
> terminate session by ctrl+c (X dumps core after that).
> I tried -current kernel and workaround from [3] but without success.

I have been playing with git-bisect tool a little and, after few
rebuilds, I found last release with working EDID[1] (althought
with unusable X - but -current userland and old kernel may don't
mix very well altogether, I think).

Commit, that broke EDID read on my hw is described as "Import drm
from Linux 3.15"[2].

1 - http://smutek.pl/netbsd/drmkms-regression-201501/last-working-edid-messages.txt
  - http://smutek.pl/netbsd/drmkms-regression-201501/last-working-edid-Xorg.log.txt
2 - https://github.com/jsonn/src/commit/740a2c2859