Ivy Bridge graphics

The X server from 6.0's xsrc doesn't seem to like my Ivy Bridge
integrated graphics or my nvidia card on a 6.0 kernel or a 6.99.15
kernel: startx fails with

   (EE) No devices detected.

   Fatal screen error:
   no screens found

`dmesg | grep -i vga | grep -v acpi' gives:

   vendor 0x10de product 0x0ffc (VGA display, revision 0xa1) at pci1 dev 0
function 0 not configured
   vga0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0: vendor 0x8086 product 0x0166 (rev. 0x09)
   wsdisplay0 at vga0 kbdmux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation), using wskbd0
   drm at vga0 not configured

I imagine that part of the issue is just that none of the device lists
in drm(4), xf86-video-intel, and xf86-video-nv -- or at least the
versions we have in (x)src -- know about these particular devices, but
I haven't investigated further.

Is it likely that tracking down the lists and adding the device ids to
them won't get me very far without magic in the newer KMS/DRM code we
don't have yet, or would it be worthwhile to spend an afternoon
messing with this, or am I barking up the wrong tree entirely?