Re: no keyboard input visible with xsrc X11 on i386 -current?

On Fri, 1 Apr 2011 11:11:59 -0400 (EDT)
der Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> wrote:

> > I wonder if you could add mappings via xmodmap after X has
> > started...
>
> If that's what's the matter, that may well help.  I didn't get the
> original message (my logs, if I've got the right log entries, say it
> was marked as being in US-ASCII but contained non-ASCII text), but it
> sounds as though xev is seeing keystrokes but something else isn't, in
> which case I agree with magetoo's suggestions.
>
> > (and what xmodmap -pk says, for that matter)

Thanks for the tips.  "xmodmap -pk" gives very similar results as my
up-to-date Ubuntu box;  the results aren't that dissimilar to an older
NetBSD 5.0 ThinkPad I have sitting around.  xev(1) definitely shows
symbol names, so I remain perplexed about what's going on.

Thanks,

Kevin
kml%patheticgeek.net@localhost