Re: Nouveau (Open Source 3D acceleration for nVidia cards) on NetBSD.

                        Hey,

On 12/26/2010 10:57, le chapelain germain wrote:

> I am looking into making Nouveau (http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/) work on
> NetBSD.
> [...]
> Finally I have seen this blog entry :
>
>    http://people.defora.org/~khorben/place/blog/82
>
> I didn't get from this what was actually functional.
> Now, the libdrm configure script dies on a dependency on `pthread-stub'.
> ( I am running `current'. )

I think I remember that installing this package helped in this case:
devel/pthread-stublib

I ended up buying a radeonhd card myself, to support ATI and no longer
have to spend too much time on supporting nouveau. Just got 3D to work
with my r600 and the newer netbsd-5 branch :)

Would be great to get nouveau to work anyway of course.

Cheers and hope this helps,
--
khorben