mitshm extension usage

Hello,

I'm asking advice as to what should be done to solve the following PR:
pkg/43811 (pkgsrc-2010Q2 - emulators/vice build (wrong patch))

I'm not very familiar with X11 programming and it appears that -current
and NetBSD-5 X11 differ in that on NetBSD-5, X11/extensions/XShm.h
includes everything necessary to use Shm, (also consistent with its
XShm(3) manual page), while on -current shmproto.h appears to be needed
as well.

Anyone know if this is a -current X11 specific bug where XShm.h is
missing an include to shmproto.h?  This is the impression that I get.
Or were there official API changes to the XShm interface?

Thanks,
--
Matt