Re: Mouse Not working on NetBSD 5.0.x(1,2)

>> X11 is not working on NetBSD AMD Core 2 Duo Processor.  [...]

What does "not working" mean, here?

I have a laptop (a Sony Vaio) with a Core 2 Duo, though mine is Intel,
and I have an X problem of my own, though I'm at 4.0.1, not 5.x.

X works fine if I boot NetBSD/i386.  But under NetBSD/amd64, X starts
and appears to mostly run fine, but when trying to switch console
screens away from it (which worked fine on the same hardware under
NetBSD/i386, and works fine between text screens on amd64) it switches
away from the X server but never switches to the destination screen.
The screen is left displaying a blank screen with, usually, a dim
pastel wash of colour - which colour varies; I've seen greenish and
reddish colours.

The machine appears to be up when this happens; pressing the power
button shuts it down gracefully.

I haven't investigated much more.  I didn't have another machine
available to network in and see what was going on; I just switched back
to using i386 on it - especially because I had other issues with amd64
(which were not really NetBSD-related).

\ / Ribbon Campaign