Re: Xorg keymap and wskbd keymap

> > > Didn't the xorg people declare xkb deprecated a while ago?
> >
> > Probably I miss something (xkeyboard-config is not relevant to xkb?),
> > but Xorg server on hpcarm W-ZERO3 works with keymap files put in
> > xsrc/external/mit/xkeyboard-config/dist/symbols/sharp_vndr/ws0??sh
> > without keymaps in bsd_KbdMap.c.
>
> AFAIK, XKB is still alive and kicking, and xkeyboard-config is where
> the data files are mainatined today.

Probably correct. Xorg.0.log on WS003SH (hpcarm) says:
---
(**) Option "CoreKeyboard"
(**) Keyboard0: always reports core events
(**) Option "Protocol" "standard"
(**) Keyboard0: Protocol: standard
(**) Option "XkbRules" "base"
(**) Keyboard0: XkbRules: "base"
(**) Option "XkbModel" "ws003sh"
(**) Keyboard0: XkbModel: "ws003sh"
(**) Option "XkbLayout" "us"
(**) Keyboard0: XkbLayout: "us"
(**) Option "CustomKeycodes" "off"
(**) Keyboard0: CustomKeycodes disabled
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Keyboard0" (type: KEYBOARD)
---

I'm not sure which keycode is used on this.. (even no "wskbd" protocol!?)

---
Izumi Tsutsui