Xauthority issues whenever I switch networks

Hey folks --

Running native Xorg on 5.0_BETA, whenever I switch between networks on my laptop (say going from coffee shop w/ wifi to wired at the office), my Xauthority file will no longer allow me to create new connections and I need to restart the X server. Further evidence of this is that the titles of my existing windows in GNOME change from eg. 'Terminal' to 'Terminal (on eee)', implying that they are now considered to be remote.

FWIW I'm using gdm 2.20.7 from pkgsrc.

Cheers,
Jared